Association des camps du Québec
Special mention to Notre-Dame-de-Fatima Centre in the category of Development and innovation – Certified day camp
The project Understand to prevent and better manage – Enables the integration of kids with challenges in the day camp groups.
We noticed the increase of kids with behavior problems needing a tighter follow-up, but not necessarily needing shadowing. In order to helps monitors working with these students, a 5 step support plan was put in place to enable the monitors to manage the whole group :
1. Observation and gathering of information
2. Evaluation and strategic planning (a number of strategies have been put in place)
3. Putting the strategies into practice
4. Follow-up and decision making
5. Reflexion and post-mortem
Congratulations for this great innovative project!